|JOB TITLE:||Adviser in Pastoral Care, Counselling and Clergy Wellbeing|
|REPORTING TO:||Director of Mission, Discipleship & Ministry|
|LOCATION:||Cuthbert House, Stonebridge, Durham, DH1 3RY|
|HOURS:||17.5 hours to be worked flexibly Monday to Friday with the agreement of line manager|
|SALARY:||Grade 6 â€“ Â£34,975 p/a full time|
(Â£17,487.50 for 17.5 hours)
|CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â||18th December 2020|
To facilitate effective pastoral care and clergy wellbeing in the Diocese of Durham by:
- Providing advice, support and training in pastoral care to the Church in the Diocese
- Co-ordinating the Diocesan Counselling Service
- Providing advice, support and training in pastoral care to the Church in the Diocese by:
- Responding to requests from the local church of advice and consultancy.
- Raising awareness of contemporary and emerging pastoral concerns.
- Providing opportunity for training and development in pastoral care.
- Co-ordinating the Diocesan Counselling Service (the â€˜College of Counsellorsâ€™) by:
- Recruiting and supporting counsellors.
- Responding to requests from both clergy and laity for counselling within agreed terms of reference.
- Maintaining own professional counselling practice.
- Developing and building working relationships with existing pastoral agencies and networks within the region as well as in the Diocese; in particular with the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor. Network with those doing similar work in other dioceses.
- Administering the pastoral care budget in accordance with agreed priorities and in consultation with the Bishop.
- Reporting annually to the Bishop of Durham
- Other duties from time to time which is appropriate to the nature and level of the post.
Â CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Primary working relationships with Bishops and members of Bishopâ€™s Staff, the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, counsellors and Diocesan Officers involved in training and in Parish and Deanery development.Â Regular contact with clergy throughout the Diocese and with officers and members of organisations and church bodies involved in counselling and pastoral care within and outside the Diocese.Â Contact also with those seeking counselling or support with pastoral issues.
|People:||Will manage the provision of counselling by others and give guidance to the person providing secretarial support|
|Budgets:||Responsibility for budgets for counselling service and for own expenses|
|Equipment & machinery:||Own PC and office equipment|
Experience & knowledge requirements:
|Technical and Applied Skills||Â|
For additional information / to apply please download and complete this Job Application Form.docx and email toÂ email@example.com enclosing a covering letter outlining why you think you are a good candidate for the role.
NOTE: This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check forÂ people working with children and/or vulnerable adults and the appointment is subject to this check being undertaken in advance.